Sunday 17 May 2009

Speaking from Experience - Tone of Voice

I think these videos have a similar tone of voice to what I'm trying to achieve for the 'Speaking from Experience' brief.





I'm quite shocked that these were actually shown to American teenagers in the 50's - such rigid social rules would drive me crazy... I'm glad that I live in a time where I can have more freedom to express who I am.
The amount of pressure put on those kids must have been immense.

I'm here saying all of this is bad yet I'm comparing its tone of voice to my own work.

Yes, I want my work to be patronising, maybe slightly demeaning but it will all be tongue-in-cheek, good clean fun - a type of humor, similar to sarcasm that is easy to recognise and meant to be taken light-heartedly. If I succeed in lowering someones self-esteem I'd be failing to answer the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment