Saturday 28 February 2009

Recognition Day - First Designs

My concept behind this brief was based around encouraging people to recognise why forgiveness is important. A lot of people were going down the route of 'encouraging' or 'thanking', so I decided to try something a bit diffirent.

For my first main idea I wanted to visually portray how forgiveness can destroy grudges, encouraging people to recognise the bitterness that holding a grudge can cause within someone and how doing something about it.

Heres the design showing development from point A to point B:


I tried to communicate that forgiveness is an active ingredient that can cause a dirty, toxic-looking grudge to evaporate. However, I think it was beggining to look like the opposite was happening and that the grudge was causing 'foregiveness' to disintegrate. Eventually it started to look as if I was "polishing a turd" and decided to go in a diffirent direction.

Heres some of the fonts that I tested, I wanted forgiveness to have a sense of purity to it, I wanted somethign that looked innocent and therefore gathered some sans-serif font faces with curved, round edges. I decided to go with the 3rd typeface, called 'HotDog' but removed the drop shadow as I felt it added too much of a harsh tone.

I decided to try and simplify my message by using text only (something I refined with my final design) but again, wasn't happy with it - the visuals just weren't working.

No comments:

Post a Comment