Saturday 28 February 2009

Recognition Day - First Designs

Because I was struggling a lot with the first design I decided to develop an idea that would clearly communicate the message.

I decided to incorporate a quote from influental people that explains why forgiveness is so important. I also produced a version that incorporated the other side of the coin, 'saying sorry'.

This is what I developed:


After the crit, many said that there was a way too much text on the image and that because of the size it was difficult to read. The quote is one of the strong points of the design and to remove it, shorten it or make it larger would make the overall design less effective. On the other hand I didn't want to make the writing box smaller as there wouldnt be enough room for people to write their messages.

It was also way too similar to the 2007 winner, who produced this:

No comments:

Post a Comment